I?m getting a hard time trying to calculate the Return to Player (RTP) for a 3 reel slot with the hold and nudge options available. I was wondering if anyone with good statistical knowledge could help me.
As I said the slot has 3 reels with 9 symbols per reel.
The odds for each symbol is the same for all 3 reels:
symbol 0 = 26.53% symbol 1 = 19.73% symbol 2 = 17.01% symbol 3= 14.29% symbol 4 = 9.52% symbol 5 = 6.12% symbol 6 = 4.08%
The payouts are:
Symbol 0 = x2 bet amount Symbol 1 = x5 bet amount Symbol 2 = x10 bet amount Symbol 3 = x20 bet amount Symbol 4 = x40 bet amount Symbol 5 =x70 bet amount Symbol 6 = x100 bet amount Symbol 7 = x200 bet amount Symbol 8= x500 bet amount
So for example if I wanted to calculate the probability of all 3 reels to have symbol 0, that would be : 0.2653*0.2653*0.2653 = 0.0187 And then if I wanted to calculate the payout per each spin for symbol 0, I would multiply the probability to the winning multiplier (lets say I bet 1 cent) = 0.0187 x (2 x 1cent)= 0.04 cents.
Now what I can?t do is calculate the total RTP when the player has the option to use Hold(hold reels) or Nudge(move reels one spot down).
The probability of having no option is 67.26% The probability of having the hold option is 20.63% The probability of having the nudge option is 12.11%
When Hold is activated, the player can either hold 1 2 or 3 reels but when he spins again, he bets another stake. When Nudge is activated, the player has to move all 3 reels without betting again. The thing is, if he moves 1 reel and forms 3 symbols in one straight line, then he wins the respective amount and doesn?t have to move the rest of the reels. Same thing happens if he moves 2 reels and wins.
Now, I have to calculate the whole RTP. Could anyone help me with that?