Topic: Problem with blurring
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 28, 2013 5:27 PM

ImageAnalyst

Re: Problem with blurring

On Mar 26, 2:10 pm, Anonymous wrote:
> Hello, I have to make a program that can blur peoples faces (on a picture).
>
> Does somebody know how blur a specific part of a picture with matlab? (I have lost my matlab book a few weeks ago, so I can't figure it out)
>
> Oh if I didn't make myself clear, my assignment is onhttp://i40.tinypic.com/33at8hx.png, but that might be a bit long..

werwetwey ayeryertret:
Use the conv2() function in base MATLAB, or the imfilter() function in
the Image Processing Toolbox.
You might try this
1. crop out the part to blur.
2. blur it with conv2
3. assign it back in to the original image (or a copy you've made of
it for the output image).
Good luck,
ImageAnalyst
P.S. I never even look at my paper books - I use the computerized
documentation exclusively. It's possible to figure this out without a
book.