Topic: code for Compressed Sensing?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 1:15 PM

Michael Levin

Re: code for Compressed Sensing?

"Zainul " <zainulcharbiwala@gmail.com> wrote in message <hovk7p$9de$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Michael,
>
> A good starting point is a list of Matlab programs maintained by Igor Carron here: http://sites.google.com/site/igorcarron2/cs#reconstruction
>
> As far as I know, there is no piece of code that just does universal image sharpening on an image as is. CS algorithms need some idea of context, so it is important to crystallize what knowledge you have about the image you are looking at, in order for the algorithms to work. For example, most image compression algorithms today use the Discrete Cosine Transform or the Discrete Wavelet Transform to model naturally occurring smooth areas and edges. You might be able to use the same for your microscope images.
>
> If you could post (or email me personally) some of the images you would like to sharpen, I could test it with code I use.

thanks!! I will send you some images via email. I'm not sure how to post them here - I don't see a link for adding attachments to my post (I'm using a web form from the Matlab website). I appreciate your help.

Mike