Topic: code for Compressed Sensing?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 1:15 PM

Michael Levin

Re: code for Compressed Sensing?

"Oliver Woodford" <o.j.woodford.98@cantab.net> wrote in message <hovrki$et2$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Mike, I suggest you also read this:
> http://nuit-blanche.blogspot.com/2010/03/why-compressed-sensing-is-not-csi.html
> The 'magic' you talk about actually doesn't exist. Super-resolution algorithms do, but they _invent_ detail, and you certainly wouldn't want to use them on scientific data from which you then draw conclusions.

thanks; I thought that, since many biological objects have regular or repetitive features, that a clever algorithm could use it to (more or less usefully) guess at missing detail. In particular, the Wired story referred to using the technique to make medical decisions based on processing of a body scan, which made me think we could do useful processing of our images as well.

Mike