Topic: code for Compressed Sensing?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 1:15 PM

Michael Levin

Re: code for Compressed Sensing?

"Oliver Woodford" <o.j.woodford.98@cantab.net> wrote in message <hovto2$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> The thing the article failed to mention is that for compressed sensing you need a compressive sensor! The lesson we can all learn (again) is never to believe an article on a scientific subject in the mainstream media.

What exactly counts as a compressive sensor? If the body scan mentioned in the article counts, perhaps some of the noise in our images (taken through microscopes with tons of lenses, filters, water surfaces, etc. in the light path) has this property as well?

> If you want to improve the resolution of images captured with a normal sensor I suggest you look at single-image super-resolution methods, but don't hold your breath.

ok thanks!

Mike