Topic: mex on 64 bits mac os 10.6.3
Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 18, 2012 12:02 AM

emammendes@gmail.com

Re: mex on 64 bits mac os 10.6.3

"Pierre" wrote in message <itnp2c$p8n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Benjamin" wrote in message <ibiqfr$qb9$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > >
> > > Was this issue resolved? I'm having exactly the same problem with Mac OS X 10.6.4. Mex compiles find but crashes Matlab when run.

> > I still don't have a solution. I have been running Matlab on a Linux system as a workaround.

> I have the same problem (the OSX one) and really unhappy right now about getting MATLAB on my new OSX Mac Pro. I use Fortran a lot and would really like to be able to use MATLAB for high-end stuff (optimization, graphs, matrix computations). Fortran's gfortran works perfectly otherwise on my box and MATLAB as well. It is just about the mex issue...

Same thing here. For me it is really frustating since my mex functions work on Win32, Win64, Lnx32, Lnx64 (gcc, gfortran, mingw32 and ming64). I have no problem to compile them but when I try to run some of them, matlab crashes saying that a symbol is missing on libgfortran. What is weird is that some of them run without a problem and they have been compiled with the same options, compilers and etc.

Cheers

Ed