Topic: Re: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
Replies: 41   Last Post: May 21, 2010 8:09 AM

Kathleen_Curtis@pittsford.monroe.edu

RE: way too much content in this A2T course
att1.html (16.0 K)

How about requiring a 4th year of mathematics?

One option would be to delve into prob, stat, sequence and series aka precalculus and take these out of algebra2/trig.

Another 4th year option might be financial mathematics/algebra or trends, modeling, numeracy, statistics.

________________________________
From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of msedfun@aol.com [msedfun@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:24 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: way too much content in this A2T course

Is statistics really the thing that should go? I agree with removing probability, but statistics impacts many other subjects in higher education. I don't know that I would take it out. But perhaps some of the trig could go?

Sharon

From: msedfun@aol.com<mailto:msedfun@aol.com>

Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:12 pm

To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:nyshsmath@mathforum.org>

spam: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0gCg2h9d6&m=101a3fdf3298&t=20100510&c=n

> Forget vote:

> http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0gCg2h9d6&m=101a3fdf3298&t=20100510&c=f------------------------------------------------------

> END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

> Spam

> Not spam

> Forget previous vote

to majordomo@mathforum.org<mailto:majordomo@mathforum.org>** Read prior posts and download attachments from the

web archives at* http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumIDg1*******************************************************************

*

________________________________
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from using the information in any way, including but not limited to disclosure of, copying, forwarding or acting in reliance on the contents. If you have received this email by error, please immediately notify me by return email and delete it from your email system. Thank you.

Date Subject Author
5/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
Guest
5/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
precopio@nycap.rr.com
5/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
Maiorini, Kathleen
5/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
precopio@nycap.rr.com
5/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 & Trig Final Exam??
Glenn Mary
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
AAP
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Tom Kenyon
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
L.C.
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
L.C.
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/12/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Kathleen_Curtis@pittsford.monroe.edu
5/12/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
AAP
5/12/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Tom Kenyon
5/12/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/13/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
ElizWaite@aol.com
5/14/10
Read A2T - kids are funny
AAP
5/14/10
Read Re: A2T - kids are funny
James Burrell
5/14/10
Read Re: A2T - kids are funny
AAP
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Angela
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
ezseller@mail.nasboces.org
5/15/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
mwacek@Juno.com
5/11/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
ElizWaite@aol.com
5/15/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Eleanor Pupko
5/15/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/15/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
amurr
5/15/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
L.C.
5/15/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
Sharon
5/20/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
edward mertson
5/20/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Dina Kushnir
5/20/10
Read Re: [Possible Spam] RE: way too much content in this A2T course
maryanne doyle
5/20/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
maryanne doyle
5/20/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
L.C.
5/20/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Peggy Niforos
5/21/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
maryanne doyle
5/20/10
Read Re: way too much content in this A2T course
L.C.
5/16/10
Read RE: way too much content in this A2T course
Liz Donahue
5/17/10
Read Bernoulli Experimentss
Judith Kapp