Topic: Patch Callback by Face
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 7:28 AM

Richard Kennaway

Re: Patch Callback by Face

"Dave " <dfick@umich.edu> wrote in message <hu6jik$7hi$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I am using patch to generate many polygons with different colors, where each color represents a value.
> I would like to be able to click on a polygon and print what that value is in the command window. I'm attempting to do this by writing a callback for ButtonDownFcn.

I'm trying to do the same sort of thing: I need to know which polygon in a patch was hit and where the hit point is. I looked at datacursormode, and it only tells me the hit point, not the polygon; besides which, it insists on displaying the hit point on the screen, which I don't want.

Matlab must have calculated this information to detect the hit. Is there any way to make it pass it on to me?

Richard Kennaway
School of Computing Sciences,
University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, U.K.