Topic: Patch Callback by Face
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 7:28 AM

Richard Kennaway

Re: Patch Callback by Face

"Dave " <dfick@umich.edu> wrote in message <hu6jik$7hi$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I am using patch to generate many polygons with different colors, where each color represents a value.
>
> I would like to be able to click on a polygon and print what that value is in the command window. I'm attempting to do this by writing a callback for ButtonDownFcn.

I'm trying to do the same sort of thing: I need to know which polygon in a patch was hit and where the hit point is. I looked at datacursormode, and it only tells me the hit point, not the polygon; besides which, it insists on displaying the hit point on the screen, which I don't want.

Matlab must have calculated this information to detect the hit. Is there any way to make it pass it on to me?

--
Richard Kennaway
http://www.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~jrk/