Topic: Adding point by point using a cell matrix
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 11:10 AM

ms

Re: Adding point by point using a cell matrix

On Jun 9, 1:47 pm, "sscnekro " <stiahni.m...@zoznam.sk> wrote:
> > point by point mean of each row such that I end up with a new cell
> > that is 1x3.

> Hi, I imagine you want to compute something like moving averages? Will some of this be helpful?
>
> % original cell array
> a = cell(4,3);
> for ii =  1:(size(a,1)  * size(a,2));
> a{ii} = rand(150,1);
> end
>
> % ultimate cell array
> for ii = 1:size(a,2);
> new_cell{ii} = mean(a{ii});
> end
>
> % a small hint for the rest of your work, check out what this line gives
> a{3}(3,1)
>
> BTW, I think there was an unanswered post of yours a few days ago. Did you find the way out? Good luck.

Also, I was unable to find the solution from my previous post
regarding: "Extract data from cell using matrix of index points". It
looks like it will likely go unanswered at this time. Would you
happen to know of anywhere else I may post to seek help? I am not a
programmer or matlab wiz so these groups really help. I have
purchased several books, but don't seem to have this specific
example. Thanks a lot for the help!