Topic: jit acceleration doesn't show up in profiler
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 5:39 AM

Cody

Re: jit acceleration doesn't show up in profiler

"Juliette Salexa" <juliette.physicist@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvg08i$250$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Thanks Steven,
>
> I got that image from:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/company/newsletters/news_notes/may03/profiler.html
>
> where it says:
>
> "A dot (.) in the acc column means the line accelerated; an x means that it did not. Clicking on the x shows why that line did not accelerate. For example:
> Reference to 'i' in a script cannot be accelerated unless 'i' is a defined variable. To apply the builtin 'i', use the notation '1i'."
>
> That piece of advice as to why that line can't be accelerated seems to be quite useful, especially since that message doesn't show up in the MLint warnings.
>
> Is there a way to see messages like this so that we can maximize the amount of acceleration that the JIT compiler can do ?

Hi Juliette, I've enabled the JIT column in the profile using the SETPREF command, however on OSX 10.6.4 running R2010b the profiler column title is actually 'unjitted' and the X (indicating an unaccelerated like) isn't an active link and it won't let me click to see why the line was unaccelerated. Thanks for your insights, -Cody