Topic: Quick Problem (sorting data)
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 11:01 AM

Ian

Re: Quick Problem (sorting data)

"Jos (10584) " <#10584@fileexchange.com> wrote in message <i81ruo$9o3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Ian " <ikirby23@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i81og5$1g7$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> > > help ISMEMBER
> > > use the last column of g as one of its input and use the output to logically index into g.
> > >
> > > hth
> > > Jos

> > Right so I would create a variable from (g) using the last column:a=g(:,2); and use this as an input and use (f) as an output. How would I then logically index this into (g)?

> Almost there: use a and f as inputs of ismember. Look at the output...
>
> Jos

Thanks alot Jos, I have finally managed to get there on that one. One more small problem, how do you find numbers the same in col 1 as opposed to consecutive numbers:

a=[822 2266 10
822 2266 13
923 3487 12
1060 2086 14