Topic: MATLAB Linux accent printing
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 23, 2010 6:18 AM

Van Lancker Eric

Re: MATLAB Linux accent printing

"Eric " <eric.vanlancker@iav.ch> wrote in message <i8dc1k$8tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
>
> First sorry for my bad english.
> I'm currently integrate a Matlab standalone executable over Debian Lenny.
> This executable build a picture with text like that :
>
> % Console test
> disp('Données spiroïdal aiguë à Pompéi');
> % Figure test
> fig = figure(1); clf;
> set(gcf, 'Position',[1 29 600 900],'PaperOrientation','portrait',....
> text(0.1,0.5,'Données spiroïdal aiguë à Pompéi','fontname','tahoma','fontsize',10);
> set(gcf,'PaperPositionMode','Auto','Units','Pixels','Position',[0 0 650 950], ...
> print(fig,'-depsc2','graph.eps');
>
> The text on console (by Disp) is OK, not accent probleme, but the text printed on the picture (graph.eps) is not good. Accents are substituted by unknow char.
>
> * I check my locales, is fr_FR.UTF-8@euro
> * I try to encore my source code (*.m) in UTF-8 and UTF-8 without BOM but this not change graphique output
> * I try to play with native2unicode & co but nothing work.
>
> can someone help me to solve this poblem ?
> Thanks a lot in advance

I forgot to say there is no X started at all on my linux, i only use terminal console, and compile .m to standalone executable with mcc all work fine except accent charactere problem.

I dont understand very well the link between Matlab, Font (/ust/share/font) Postscript, and X11...

Please can you help me or tell me a way ?

Thanks