Topic: Plot an image in an axes into a standalong new figure window ...
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 1:07 PM

Sanghee

Re: Plot an image in an axes into a standalong new figure window ...

"scho " <scho.2000@gmail.com> wrote in message <i8ksel$e3i$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <i8kqn8$iq0$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> >

> > "Sanghee " <scho.2000@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Right now, I am learning MATLAB GUI using GUIDE, and getting a lot of help
> > > from the examples on the mathworks.
> > >
> > > While trying an example, in
> > > /usr/local/matlab/R2009b/help/techdoc/creating_guis/examples/tablestat.fig
> > >
> > > I found some weird thing. Basically, it will allow user to plot a figure
> > > (a graph in
> > > the example) in an axes to a standalone new figure window when user clicks
> > > the axes with mouse right button and select 'Open plot in new window'.
> > > But, I noticed that I have 'Open plot in new window' only when I click in
> > > the empty
> > > space in the plot, and don't have 'Open plot in new window' message box
> > > when
> > > I click the drawn line in the figure.

> > That's correct; more than likely that example uses the axes ButtonDownFcn
> > property, which does not trigger if the user doesn't click on the axes
> > itself. The _line's_ ButtonDownFcn property would trigger if you clicked on
> > the line.
> >
> > http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/axes_props.html#ButtonDownFcn
> >
> > "Executes whenever you press a mouse button while the pointer is within the
> > axes, but not over another graphics object parented to the axes."
> >

> > > So, I never get to have the 'Open plot in new window', when I completely
> > > fill in the axes with an image since I think the program does not
> > > recognize the axes ?

> > That's correct -- you aren't clicking on the _axes_, you're clicking on the
> > _image_.
> >

> > > However, again, I get it when I click the empty axes before filling the
> > > axes with an image.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest any solution for this ?

> > Change the value of the HitTest property for those objects that you don't
> > want to "count" as being clicked upon.
> >
> > http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/image_props.html#HitTest
> >
> > --
> > Steve Lord
> > slord@mathworks.com
> > comp.soft-sys.matlab (CSSM) FAQ: http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> > http://www.mathworks.com

> Thanks for the quick reply. I think 'HitTest' could be an option, but I am not sure how
> I can handle it in my case.
>
> My case is simple. I have a 2D image array, let's say xx, which is 256x256 matrix,
> and all I do do display it in axes1 in a callback function triggered by a button,
>
> axes(handles.axes1);
> imagesc(xx);axis equal off
>
> That's it, but I am wondering how I can apply your suggestion into here.
>
> --

Hi Steve

I just also tried, with like this,

h = imagesc(xx);axis equal off
set(h,'HitTest','off');

Was this what you meant ? Then, I just observed that this does not
work.

- -