Topic: non-discrete knapsack
Replies: 22   Last Post: Dec 24, 2010 6:47 PM

Paul

Re: non-discrete knapsack

On Nov 4, 7:27 pm, "analys...@hotmail.com" <analys...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, please post your solution.
>
> Right now I am thinking of following the suggestion of implementing
> primal simplex with bounded variables with only two rows.

Sorry for the delay; the INFORMS conference has kept me hopping. My
algorithm is a bit long to explain here, so I posted it on my blog
(http://orinanobworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/continuous-knapsack-with-
count.html). I have proof-of-concept code (in Java), although I
didn't bother to code the bisection search for the first phase (I just
brute-force it). If you want to see the code, you can reply directly
to me (or to the list, or drop a comment on my blog, your choice) and
send me your e-mail address.

/Paul