Topic: Alg 2 /Trig
Replies: 34   Last Post: Nov 17, 2010 6:56 PM

Bob Cote

From: Glens Falls City School Dsitrict
Registered: 11/11/07
Re: Alg 2 /Trig
att1.html (11.6 K)

I just returned from the AMTNYS annual conference and was surprised to hear
only 124 teachers have responded to SED's requests for comments/feedback on
the new Common Core Standards and how they have been aligned to Integrated
Algebra, Geoemtry, and Algebra2/Trigonometry. This is our opportunity to
give suggestions on changes to the curriculum. Please take the time to
review the proposals and make your comments known to those who make the
decisions.

While the K-8 standards have been approved and are targeted for the
2012-2013 school year, our 9-12 standards have not been finalized and we
still have time to provide comments before they are voted on by the BoE.

Go to:

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/mathfallsurvey.html

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM, <barnsky@optonline.net> wrote:

> I find in my regular geometry class we do have some time..we review
> radicals..solve all types of quadratics..even using quadratic
> formula..taught factor by grouping and try to include as much as
> possible..BUT if they are not strong math students..yes they have seen it
> before but you still have to reteach to make sure they grasped the concept..
>
> Bottom Line..Alg 2/Trig has to be adjusted..It is UNFAIR!!
>
> Lisa C

Date Subject Author
11/10/10
Read Alg 2 /Trig
L.C.
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Jonathan Halabi
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Dina Kushnir
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Peggy Niforos
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
bill wickes
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
precopio@nycap.rr.com
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Tom Kenyon
11/10/10
Read RE: Alg 2 /Trig
Liz Donahue
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
L.C.
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Bob Cote
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
sherry
11/14/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/15/10
Read Core Standards fro Grades K-8
sherry
11/15/10
Read Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/15/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
John Sittig
11/15/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Jayson Kiang
11/16/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Ryley David
11/16/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Kathleen Ingalls
11/16/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
SRothwell@e1b.org
11/17/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
vzampetti@ocs.cnyric.org
11/17/10
Read RE: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
becky rury
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
Evan Romer
11/17/10
Read Re: Core Standards for HS -- red highlighting?
ElizWaite@aol.com
11/10/10
Read Re: Alg 2 /Trig
Roni316@aol.com