The Math Forum

Topic: Happy Birthday, HAL!
Replies: 23   Last Post: Feb 5, 1997 4:53 PM

Jim Carr

Re: Happy Birthday, HAL!

Mad Scientist <spammers@will.die> writes:

>That's funny; I have an interview with MG-M on tape made in about 1976
>in which he goes into some detail as to why he chose Joyce's word and
>why he pronounces it the way he does. I could probably make a .WAV and
>post it if anyone's really that geeky about the issue :-)

No e-mail address, so I guess the only reply Colin will see is here
in Usenet. Such an inteview is valuable. I recommend that you
put up a web page with the transcript and link in the WAV files.

--
James A. Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu> | "They invented band!"
http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~jac/ | Spectator at 1997 inaugural parade