Topic: Mathematica 8
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 23, 2010 6:00 AM

noslowski

Re: Mathematica 8

Sorry to butt in, but I noticed that you have an Lenovo laptop. I am
getting one, but I don't know what I need in order to run M8 on it. I will
be using going version of windows on it.

I had to get another desktop 3 years ago, an Lenovo just to run version 7.
My IBM desktop could not handle M7.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis F. Osterhoudt [mailto:cfo@lanl.gov]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: Mathematica 8

Interesting. I decided to play with this too (on a Lenovo notebook with two
cores, running a 32-bit linux). If I choose to have Mathematica fire up
another kernel "as needed", things run fine. However, if I ask it to start
two kernels "on startup", the Benchmark runs for a long time (I haven't let
it complete yet) and pegs both cores at around 100%. It also prints no
output. Perhaps a bug?