Topic: Help on engineering homework
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 11, 2010 9:34 PM

Ethan Robinson

Re: Help on engineering homework

"Sean de " <sean.dewolski@nospamplease.umit.maine.edu> wrote in message <idtt9r$2eb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Ethan Robinson" <efr450@gmail.com> wrote in message <idtshd$htt$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello,
> > I've been stuck on a matlab problem and can't figure it out, and was hoping to find some help here.
> > the problem is as follows:
> > "The height and speed of a projectile launched with a speed of vi (initial velocity) at an angle A to the horizontal are given by
> >
> > h(t)= vi*t*sin(A)-0.5*g*(t^2)
> > v(t)= sqrt((vi^2)-2*vi*g*t*sin(A)+(g^2)*(t^2))
> >
> > where g is the acceleration due to gravity. The projectile will strike the ground when h(t)= 0, which gives the time to hit t_hit= 2*(vi/g)*sin(A).
> > Suppose that A=30 degrees, vi= 40 m/s and g= 9.81 m/s^2. Use the MATLAB relational and logical operators to find the times when:
> > a. The height is no less than 15m
> > b. The height is no less than 15m and the speed is simultaneously no greater than 36 m/s.
> > c. The height is less than 5m or the pseed is greater than 35 m/s."
> >
> > I have tried to figure out where to go with it, I know it will involve some if statements with h>15, h>15 and s<36, and h<5 or s>35. Other than that, I'm stumped.
> > Thanks,
> > Ethan

> Ask you professor? It's not our job to do YOUR homework. Show us what you've done, in code, and be very specific about what isn't working.

He's not available otherwise I would. I realize that, I'm not asking you to do it for me, nor do I want you to. I was just hoping for a tip on how to get going with it. I don't understand the logic behind what to do.