Topic: Plotting many 2D curves on 3D Axis
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 21, 2010 4:11 PM

Amr Sadek

Re: Plotting many 2D curves on 3D Axis

Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <iequ7a$e0s$1@nrc-news.nrc.ca>...
> On 10-12-21 12:52 PM, Amr Sadek wrote:
>

> > I have many x,y data; x1,y1_x2,y2_x3,y3_...... Each curve is related to a
> > specific z value:(x1,y1) curve for z1 and (x2,y2) curve for z2 and so on
> >
> > I want to plot the 2D curve (x,y) on a 3D axis in which the third axis will
> > refere to the corresponding z value for each (x,y) curve.
> >
> > How can I do that?

> Use plot3() or line()

It didnt work because the lenght of z vector is not the same as x,y. For example the x1,y1 curve occurs at z1=25, and x2,y2 at z2=22, and so on..Using plot3() will not help. and iit dispaly an error message saying matrix do not have the same lengh.