Topic: motivation for studying math
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 22, 1998 9:53 PM

Ronald A Ward

Re: motivation for studying math

I think some students get interested in calculus by reading a classic
such as "What is Calculus About?" by W.W. Sawyer, New Mathematical
Library, MAA, 1961. Very readable, intended for high school students,
and an "oldie but goodie." :)

Ron Ward/Western Washington U/Bellingham, WA 98225
ronaward@henson.cc.wwu.edu