Topic: Large saved files
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 8, 2012 9:21 AM

HH

Re: Large saved files

"Alexandra" wrote in message <ih1mnl$p56$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> First of all, I think, I found the main problem. Somewhere in the struct were the results of the ode solver (which is what I wanted), but one of those included the options of the solver, which in turn include the function handle. It seems, all my input data was saved with this function handle and therefore inflated my file size.

Alexandra, I can confirm the issue is due to function handles.
I wanted to save a 192KB structure, which resulted in a 1.1 GB file. I removed a single function handle from the structure, now the file is 165KB, even smaller than in RAM probably owing to compression.
Regards, Rene