Topic: 2 year course for Alg2Trig
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 11:02 AM

cchuttey@sfcs.k12.ny.us

RE: GEOMETRY OR ALBREBRA II / TRIG FOR THE COLLEGE BOUND - Feedback needed
att1.html (6.2 K)

We faced a similar situation at our school with the students who take 2
years to complete Algebra. If there is no interest in the Advanced
Regents Diploma, we are steering them into our Fundamentals of Alg2-Trig
course as juniors, so they are exposed to the material they will see
during their freshman year of college. The downfall is that Geometry
is on the SAT, and they will not be prepared for those questions.

Cindy Chuttey

Mynderse Academy

Seneca Falls, NY