Topic: Calculus on NPR
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 23, 2001 6:22 PM

Jerry Uhl

Calculus on NPR

>There was an an anti-caldiatribe by one of the hosts of NPR's Car
>Talk on National Public Radio's
>All Things Considered Wednesday a few weeks ago. If you missed it,
>it's available on the web at the URL
>http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/commentaries/2001/apr/
>Look under the heading "Algebra". You will need the RealAudio

player software to hear the replay.

It's worth listening to.
-Jerry Uhl
Jerry Uhl juhl@cm.math.uiuc.edu
Professor of Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Member, Mathematical Sciences Education Board of National Research Council
Calculus&Mathematica, Vector Calculus&Mathematica,
DiffEq&Mathematica, Matrices,Geometry&Mathematica, NetMath

http://www-cm.math.uiuc.edu , http://netmath.math.uiuc.edu, and
http://matheverywhere.com

"Is it life, I ask, is it even prudence,
To bore thyself and bore the students?"

. . . Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

send mail to:

majordomo@ams.org

with the following in the message body:

unsubscribe calc-reform your_email_address

-Information on the subject line is disregarded.