Topic: Re: [mg4204] help! to input data...
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Richard L. Bowman

Re: [mg4204] help! to input data...

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, todd c. doehring wrote:

> well, silly me.
> I thought i was pretty good at the basics of mathematica, but today i
> tried to input some numerical data that was comma delimited. i.e.
>
> 456,-45,21,0,5
> 43,25,3,66,65
>[stuff deleted]
> but all i ever get is the first number and an error such as:

I am working on a NeXT, but the following should work.

In[1]:= ReadList["temp.txt",Number,RecordSeparators->{",","\n"}]

Out[1]= {1.23, -2.34, -3.45, -0.99, 0.099, 0.999}

A listing of my input file is given below:

% cat temp.txt
1.23, -2.34,-3.45
-.99,0.099, 0.999

Dr. Richard L. Bowman