Topic: Cap-Offset Block Filter Returns A Fractional Derivative Of Order 0 <
nu < 1

Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 12, 2011 11:37 AM

George Herold

Re: Cap-Offset Block Filter Returns A Fractional Derivative Of Order
0 < nu < 1

On Feb 11, 7:11 pm, Bret Cahill <Bret_E_Cah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.maplesoft.com/support/help/Maple/view.aspx?path=fracdiff
>
> See the part on the fractional derivative of a constant.
>
> This confirms that the cap filter is outputing something proportional
> to a fractional derivative with an order between 0 and 1.
>
> A big cap is near 0 and a small cap is near 1.
>
> There is no integration step.  It's a one step process after all.
>
> Bret Cahill

If you are trying to do electronics I suggest you get some real
capacitors and see how they behave. A signal genernator, some C's,
R's and L's, a 'scope. You could really learn something.

George H.