Topic: FOLLOWUP: How to make a graph smaller?
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Mark Becker

Last week I wrote:
:
> [ stuff about my wanting to resize a graph ]
:
: [ the basic problem is that I didn't recognize something in the
: MMa book that would let me produce a graph with a repeatable size.
: The only thing I saw was the on-screen click-and-resize. ]

Ken Levasseur <levasseuk@woods.uml.edu> e-mailed me with information about a
Graphics option that I hadn't checked: PlotRegion. This does the Right
Thing. (Isn't it amazing how much tension goes away when a Bad Problem is
solved?)

Bill Oliver <william.oliver@colorado.edu> has a different solution using
LaTeX processing:

> However, I believe you could solve the problem by resizing the graph with
> LaTeX code. For instance, I use the following command to resize my
> graphics:
>
> \begin{figure}
> \centerline{\epsfxsize=.8\columnwidth \epsfbox{file name here}}
> \caption{Put caption here}
> \label{label text here}
> \end{figure}

A local LaTeX expert says this will also Do The Right Thing.

Regards,

Mark
Now back to typing...