Topic: Re: Reordering lists?!
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Paul Abbott

Re: Reordering lists?!

Andre and Alain wrote:

> Hey! I have a list of Numbers, 1 to 4, and wish to rescale them so
> that 1 replkaces 4 and 3 replaces 2 and 2 replaces 3 etc. I made a
> little code to do this on an element per element basis and it doesn't
> seem to do
> it! Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong or whether it's a
> Mma problem? Thanks

Why not just use

list /. {4->1,3->2,2->3,1->4}

which will do what you want ...

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott
Department of Physics Phone: +61-9-380-2734
The University of Western Australia Fax: +61-9-380-1014
Nedlands WA 6907 paul@physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/Paul

Black holes are where God divided by zero