Topic: Re: [mg4664] fitting differential eq. to data
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Jesus Frias Celayeta

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Thomas Hamelryck wrote:
> we have a system of three linear differential equations in three variables
> parameters p,q and r so that the solutions of the diff. equations
> approximate the experimental data as close as possible.
> Does anybody know if this can be done with Mathematica?

I would also be interested if knowing if Mathematica can perform this
kind of fittings, because my work now is focused on the same procedure. At
the very moment the only package that I found suitable for this purpose
is Scientist, from MicroMath. We purchased the Windows version and the
stability of the program makes it among my *favourites* to work with.
The other alternative that I could see is FORTRAN optimization codes
joined with some integration routine (but there must be another way =).

Jesus Maria Frias Celayeta
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia
R. Antonio Bernardino de Almeida s/n. Porto
4200 PORTUGAL