Topic: Re: [mg5059] Financial Problems
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Sherman Reed

At 05:38 AM 10/23/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I have the student version of mathematica and the book"Mathematica by
>Example" which shows compoud interest etc. But I don't think any of the
>packages has functions for future of present value. Does anyone know
>anything about this?

Clarice,

I have the 1992 version of "Mathematica by Example"

page 210 shows a formula for the following. If P dollars are invested for t
years

at an annual interest rate of r% compounded m times per year, the compounded
amount, A(t) = P(1 + r/m)^mt. sounds like future worth to me. Examples follow

on pages 211 to 227.

hope that helps.

Sherman C. Reed