Topic: Re: [mg5056] Help on Project
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
stoev@plaza.snu.ac.kr

Re: [mg5056] Help on Project

Right now I do not have access to Mathematica, but as I remember
InterpolatingFunction[] may help you. You have also Interpolate[]. Then you
have two possibilities:
First: Traditional solution.
You interpolate acceleration and you Integrate[] twice with respect to
your initial conditions (position and speed) and you get actual position
and spped in every time moment.
Second: Not so traditional solution.
Interpolate[] uses some kind of spline interpolaton. That's why you can
put your acceleration data in the interpolation of position as second
derivatives of the position and also the moments in the time for which you
have this accelerations. You must also put your initial conditions for
some moment of time as initiol position and initial speed (let's say for
t=0). Then spine interpolation does all the rest. You must be able to plot
the result function.
In both cases you must be prepared to have reletively big error in the
result, because you integrate approximated data, but that's the data you
have only. Maybe one of these algorithms is better for you, but this you
must select by yourself. Intuitively I yould prefere the second solution,
because the splines were invented (I think) for problems like this.
In both cases you must see the syntaxis of functions you will use in the
manual or in Mathematica.
For ploting I can't help you in this moment.

Julian Stoev