From mathgroup-adm@smc.vnet.net Mon Oct 28 07:10 MET 1996
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:48:08 -0400
From: sergio@scisun.sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Sergio Rojas)
To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg5066] Q: About PAUSING in V2.2

Hello Folks:

A simplified version of a mathematica program I am using, is as follow:

testing = "n" ;
While[ testing != "y" ,
Plot[x,{x,0,1}];
]

After reaching the sentence: testing = InputString["To continue, enter: y "]
the program wait around 30 seconds to receive an answer. If no answer
is given between 30 seconds, the While loop is ended and the program
continues with the next sentence. How this can be avoided? How to keep
Mathematica waiting until an answer is given?

The working enviroment is Mathematica 2.2 under OSF/1 in a DEC(alpha)
workstation.

Cordially,

Sergio Rojas

e-mail: sergio@scisun.sci.ccny.cuny.edu