Topic: Generating Point Clouds
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 14, 2011 2:03 PM

Navaneetha Kannan Viswanathan

Re: Generating Point Clouds

Image Analyst,

This is my prog on isolating laser stripe from the set of images. My result for this script gives me the isolated laser stripe as an image. But, I want point cloud in 3D space.
Help me out.

source pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=v.navaneethakannan&target=ALBUM&id=5579922441378566865&authkey=Gv1sRgCNCYsYik8c7obQ&feat=email

Script:

clear;
clc;
jpgFiles = dir('*.jpg');
for k = 1:length(jpgFiles)
filename = jpgFiles(k).name;
data1 = imread(filename);
%imshow(data1);
[p1,q1]=find(250<=data1(:,:,1));
[p2,q2]=find(250<=data1(:,:,2));
[p3,q3]=find(250<=data1(:,:,2));
r1=[p1 q1];
r2=[p2 q2];
r3=[p3 q3];
s1=intersect(r1,r2,'rows');
s2=intersect(s1,r3,'rows');
t1=setdiff(r1,s2,'rows');

b=zeros(size(data1));
u1=mean(t1,1);
u2=std(t1,1)*0.6;
ul=round(u1+u2);
ll=round(u1-u2);
t1(t1(:,1)>ul(1),:)=[];
t1(t1(:,1)<ll(1),:)=[];
for i=1:length(t1)
b(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),1)=data1(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),1);
b(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),2)=data1(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),2);
b(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),3)=data1(t1(i,1),t1(i,2),3);
end
%figure
%imshow(b)
c=im2bw(b);
c=uint8(c);
data1(:,:,1)=data1(:,:,1).*c;
data1(:,:,2)=data1(:,:,2).*c;
data1(:,:,3)=data1(:,:,3).*c;
%figure(1),subplot(4,8,k),subimage(data1);
imshow(data1)
end;