Topic: Re: [mg5094] 3.0 = Rip Roaring Resource Hog :-(
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Daryl Reece

Re: [mg5094] 3.0 = Rip Roaring Resource Hog :-(

I like the generality of Mathematica. It's this generality that will
allow you to write this ByteArray header if you want. See if
stripping off MMA's headers will reduce the size significantly. I
believe the problem with specialized data structures is then writing
the rules and code to allow existing functions to deal with them.

Regarding your comment about resources. Remember your time is
probably the most precious resource so if spending $1000 on RAM will
allow you to formulate problems 100% faster, I'd say it's a good
trade.

-Daryl