Topic: Re: [mg5305] Formatting Output
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Sherman Reed

At 06:44 AM 11/23/96 +0000, you wrote:

>I want a combination of string and expression written to a file.
>The output from a Print command is exactly what I want:
>
> In[43]:= Print["gm(",12,",",12,")=",FortranForm[gm]];
> gm(12,12)=Cos(theta)
>
>Does anyone know how to get that same output written to a file?

Susan,

Here is what I did in 2.2.3 and 3.0. I hope it helps. If the approach is
wrong, let me know and I will think about it some more.

a=ToString["gm(12,12)=Cos(theta)"] Command to Mma
gm(12,12)=Cos(theta) Response from mma
a>>novfile write to file novfile
<<novfile input from file novfile
gm(12,12)=Cos(theta) check!!!