Topic: Re: [mg5343] Help problem with MeanCI
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Sherman Reed

At 06:47 AM 11/27/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I am trying to use the MeanCI[list, options] .. I given the followin
>input...
>
>number of sbsences 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
>Frequency 1 4 8 10 8 7 5 3 2 1 1
>
>I am to pretend that the variance in unknown and use MeanCI to find out a
>95% confidence interval. I have no idea on how to do this... Can anyone
>please help.. Thanks..
>
>Students at the University of Maryland

<<Statistics`ConfidenceIntervals` I NEED THIS PACKAGE
TO DO
THE MEANCI FUNCTION.
IT IS DEFINED IN THE
GUIDE TO
STANDARD MMA PACKAGES.

data={0,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3, THIS IS THE DATA
WHERE I
4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,6,7,7,7, REPLICATE THE NUMBER OF
8,8,9,10}; ABSENCES BY THE FREQUENCY

N[MeanCI[data],4] NEXT I CALCULATE THE
MEANCI. WHEN THE VARIANCE
IS NOT KNOWN, IT IS NOT