Topic: Re: [mg5386] solving differential equations
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Francisco Edmundo de Andrade

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Johannes Natterer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when solving differential equations analytically with mathematica,
> I always get the solutions in the form of complex exponential
> functions and not in the form of the equivalent trigonometric
> functions. Simplify does no good, is there any way to change that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Johannes Natterer
> --

> Johannes Natterer
> Institut fuer Physikalische Chemie der Universitaet Bonn

Dear Johannes,

I would solve this problem by using ComplexToTrig[expr] function that is
defined in Trigonometry package.
So, load the package:
<<Algebra`Trigonometry`
Then, use the function: