Topic: AII&T: Trig modeling
Replies: 12   Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 8:38 PM

Kevin Connolly

From: Elmira, NY
Registered: 4/6/05
RE: Algebra 2 Trig Regents Grade
att1.html (7.7 K)

The 1, 2, 3, and 4 method is already in use and is used to compute your school's P.I. for your report card. Below 55 is a 1, 55 - 64 is a 2, 65-84 is a 3 and 85+ is a 4. However in the P. I. formula 3's and 4's are given equal weight and 2's hurt a bit less than 1's. Teachers are also already being measured, as schools receive reports on each teacher's numbers. However the new law states that 40% of a teacher's evaluation include scores from standardized exams. I agree with Liz 100% on the "interesting" dynamic that this will create within departments.

Kevin M. Connolly
Math Teacher - Elmira Free Academy
951 Hoffman Street
Elmira, NY 14905