The Math Forum

Topic: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Replies: 19   Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 5:11 PM

Dan Hoey

Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones

On 3/25/2011 12:25 AM, James Van Buskirk wrote:
> Given the O.P. I was hoping for something like the sum of the
> reciprocals of all the positive integers that don't have the digit
> '8'.

I like this more than Leroy Quet's puzzle. Do you have any ideas
about how to calculate this number?

Date Subject Author
3/24/11
Read One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Ilan Mayer
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/25/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/26/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
quasi
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Mark Brader
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
quasi
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
bulland@gmail.com
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
The Qurqirish Dragon
3/25/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
James Van Buskirk
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
James Van Buskirk
3/30/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/31/11