The Math Forum

Topic: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Replies: 19   Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 5:11 PM

Dan Hoey

Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones

On 3/31/11 1:09 AM, James Van Buskirk wrote:
> "Dan Hoey"<haoyuep@aol.com> wrote in message
>

>> According to http://oeis.org/A082837, the sum of reciprocals of
>> positive integers that don't have the digit 8 is
>> 22.726365402679370602833644156742557889210702616360219843536376162.
>> For those without the digit 9, http://oeis.org/A082838 has
>> 22.920676619264150348163657094375931914944762436998481568541998356.
>> Robert Baillie has a paper at http://arxiv.org/abs/0806.4410v2 that
>> covers these and related topics and includes Mathematica code.

> Jeez, I did these about a quarter centruy ago. Maybe I should have
> published.

You might want to look at that paper. It covers a lot of related
topics. Also, there wasn't an arxiv 25 years ago.

Dan

Date Subject Author
3/24/11
Read One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Ilan Mayer
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/24/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/25/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/26/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Leroy Quet
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
quasi
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Mark Brader
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
quasi
3/28/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
bulland@gmail.com
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
The Qurqirish Dragon
3/25/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
James Van Buskirk
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/29/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
James Van Buskirk
3/30/11
Read Re: One Through Nine, With Eight Missing, And Two Ones
Dan Hoey
3/31/11