Topic: Integrated Math/Biology Activities
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Putman, Gary

Integrated Math/Biology Activities
att1.html (5.3 K)

We are offering a new Biology 1 course next year which is, as the name implies, the first year of a two year Bio course. It is designed for our weaker freshmen. Our plan is to incorporate a LOT of relevant math into the course in order to boost the Algebra scores. All 9th graders are teamed, and take the Algebra Regents at the end of 9th grade.
I have the AIMS and SIMMS resources, as well as NCTM and NSTA resources. If you are aware of any other resources, websites, activities, programs, etc, I would appreciate you emialing me the info.
Thanks.

Gary Putman
Coordinator of Science and Instructional Technology K-12
Schenectady City Schools
Keane Administrative Annex
1252 Albany Street
Schenectady, NY 12304
518.881.3400 x2601
fax 518.388.9236
putmang@schenectady.k12.ny.us<mailto:putmang@schenectady.k12.ny.us>

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.