Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Gennady

[mg6117] Re: [mg6066] Graphics Grief in Version 3.0

In article <5edqk7$n4e@smc.vnet.net> michael a. morrison,
morrison@phyast.nhn.ou.edu writes:
>From: michael a. morrison, morrison@phyast.nhn.ou.edu
>Date: 18 Feb 1997 22:04:39 -0500

>>I have been having a great deal of trouble with plot and axes labels
>in Version 3 for Win95. mathematica sometimes ignores some characters
>in these labels (especially things like parentheses and Greek
>symbols), at other times it spaces words in labels in strange ways, at
>other times it seems to work fine (with the same file). I have tried
>several styles and lots of different fonts and cannot find a single
>one that works correctly consistently.
>
>Have any others come across this problem? Does anyone know ANY way
>around it? I have tried this on three diferent systems, so I don't
>think it's MY installation of Math 3.0. Help!......and
>thanks.
>
>michael

I have a similar problem in Mma 3.0 for PowerPC. Folks from WRI
are aware of this problem, and here is what they recommended me:

>(1) The first thing to try is to make sure you have an uncorrupted
>version of the latest fonts on your system. Try deleting the fonts
>suitcase
>
> System Folder:Fonts:MathFonts
>
>and replacing them with a copy of MathFonts from the CD.
>
> Mathematica 3.0 Files:SystemFiles:Fonts:Macintosh:MathFonts
>
>(2) If your Mac and printer are on a network, it's possible that
>the printer has stored (in it's memory) an older or corrupted copy of
>the fonts. You should use the "Apple LaserWriter Utility" or "Apple
>Printer Utility" to manually a download the fonts in MathFonts suitcase
>to your printer.

Indeed, when I upload MathFonts to the printer, everything works
fine. It is not convenient when your printer is on a network,
however, it solves the problem.

Regards,
Gennady.