Topic: xlsread
Replies: 6   Last Post: Apr 11, 2011 1:57 PM

ms

Re: xlsread

On Apr 11, 11:42 am, "Alex Harrison"
<dingbatsgrowontr...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm really confused with the xlsread function. I've been getting the below error with everything I try, so I started from scratch and followed the example on the Matlab help and I'm still getting the same error:
>
> ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT xlsread as a function:
> C:\folder\xlsread.m
>
> Error in ==> xlsread_trial_2 at 1
> A = xlsread('myExample.xls')
>
> What am I doing wrong? Please can someone put me out of my misery?!!!
>
> Alex
>
> p.s. I know I've kind of already asked the same thing on an older post I found (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/305448) but as this is not just a problem I'm having with that particular thing I thought starting a new thread made sense

Just to clarify, you are using xlsread as a function in another
"script" .m file called "xlsread_trial_2.m"? And, the first like of
the "xlsread_trial_2.m" file is A = xlsread('myExample.xls')?

If that is the case, I don't see why you would be getting an error,
unless the .xls file is not in the same directory?