Topic: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
Replies: 33   Last Post: May 17, 2011 8:25 AM

lwalke3@lausd.net

Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets

On May 10, 6:36 pm, FredJeffries <fredjeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 12:31 pm, Transfer Principle <lwal...@lausd.net> wrote:
> > Of course, here's where a cardinality supporter is likely to argue
> > that cardinality is inferior to standard size as follows: we can
> > only prove that the sizes of the three sets must _exist_, but with
> > cardinality, we _prove_ all three sets to have the same cardinality,
> > aleph_0 to be precise.

> Do you also think that there are two classes of carpenters, the hammer
> supporters and the saw supporters? The saw supporters claim that the
> saw is superior because when you cut a piece of wood with a hammer you
> get a jagged edge and the hammer supporters claim that the hammer is
> superior because it takes such a long time to drive a nail with a saw.

But do those "classes" regularly insult each other on Usenet or
any other place, repeating the same words over and over? I
seriously doubt it.

Remember, _I_ don't make the division between classes of posters
here at sci.math. The posters _themselves_ make the division by
insulting members of the other class.

If you don't like the division, then you can try to convince the
_insulters_, on _both_ sides, not to be so divisive.

Date Subject Author
5/2/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
Jesse F. Hughes
5/5/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/5/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
jbriggs444@gmail.com
5/10/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/5/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
Michael Stemper
5/6/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
David R Tribble
5/5/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
Jesse F. Hughes
5/5/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
tommyrjensen@gmail.com
5/10/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/10/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
FredJeffries@gmail.com
5/10/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/10/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
FredJeffries@gmail.com
5/13/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/13/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
fishfry
5/13/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
MoeBlee
5/11/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
Michael Stemper
5/11/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
David Yen
5/12/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
umumenu@gmail.com
5/12/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
umumenu@gmail.com
5/13/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
jbriggs444@gmail.com
5/13/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
lwalke3@lausd.net
5/15/11
Read Re: Some Questions about Infinite Sets
FredJeffries@gmail.com
5/17/11