Topic: frequency content of whitenoise block
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 10, 2011 6:26 AM

Chaitanya Vichare

Re: frequency content of whitenoise block

"Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <ipr8g8$jch$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Chaitanya Vichare" <cavichare@gmail.com> wrote in message <ipqs8d$34c$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Dear Reader
> > Ideally white noise has infinite frequencies but what about the white noise block in simulink? How to get its frequency contents? Does it have infinite or finite frequencies?
> > Please inform me.
> > Thank You

> Hi Chaitanya, The mathematical model for a white noise sequence has a continuous spectrum (what you are calling infinite frequencies) because the sequence is doubly-infinite. Furthermore, the PSD is perfectly flat and the autocorrelation is identically zero at all nonzero lags, you must realize that anything implemented in a computer can only approximate that.
>
> When you say "white noise block" in Simulink, are you actually referring to the "Band-Limited White Noise Block"?
>
> Wayne

Thanks Wayne
Yes I want to mean "Bandlimited white noise", but I can not finding the limit of spectrum. Please tell me how to find it
Once again Thank You