Replies: 44   Last Post: May 12, 2011 8:18 AM

John Anderson

Re: [math-learn] Other Comments On High School Algebra 2
att1.html (13.7 K)

Understanding also comes through practice.  When the practice is carefully constructed and gains rigor incrementally, students expand the scope of the application of their mathematical understanding.

I would agree that understanding is king; however, proficiency is an effective and useful citizen.

Were you speaking to a specific curriculum or high school texts in general when you stated: "Once you understand the two common ways of solving simultaneous equations,
there is not much content."

Enjoying the discussion,

John Anderson
Lowell, IN