Topic: How to output matrix to file
Replies: 1   Last Post: May 31, 1997 3:29 PM

H.J. Wang

Re: How to output matrix to file

David Brienza wrote:

> How can I export a 2D matrix to a tab delimited text file? I've tried:
>
> OutputForm[datamatrix] >> datafile.dat
>
> Which gives me files with unwanted linefeeds in the middle of the rows. I

> -Dave Brienza

Try the following:

define = OpenWrite[ savefilename,FormatType->OutputForm,
PageWidth->Infinity];
Write[ define, TableForm[ dataset, TableSpacing->{0} ] ] ;
Close[ define];

If the matrix has many columns, the PageWidth->Infinity makes sure the
rows of the matrix won't be wrapped in the output.

Hope it helps.

H.J. Wang