Topic: Global minimum using GA
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 10, 2011 10:00 AM

Chaitanya Vichare

Re: Global minimum using GA

Alan Weiss <aweiss@mathworks.com> wrote in message <iqbarl$1sk$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 5/10/2011 2:25 AM, Chaitanya Vichare wrote:
> > Dear Reader
> >
> > I used GA to find the optimum parameters of vehicle suspension which is
> > given random road input. I run GA for many times and getting same
> > optimum parameters.
> > How can it be ensured that I am getting the global minimum only?
> > Please help me!
> >
> > Thank You
> > Chaitanya

> I'm sorry, I do not understand your question.
> Is your problem that ga does not change its results no matter which
> input you give?
> Is your problem that you want to know whether your result is a global
> minimum?
> What have you tried adjusting? Does your problem have bounds?
>
> Please give more detail, perhaps then we might be able to help.
>
> Alan Weiss
> MATLAB mathematical toolbox documentation

Thank you for response
I am using same seed so my results are repeatable.That is not the issue. My problem has well defined bounds on design variables.
Your second statement is correct. I want to know whether my result is global minimum.

Thank You
Chaitanya