Replies: 1   Last Post: May 11, 2011 2:28 PM

Dosky, Douglas

RE:[ap-calculus] #1b 2011 FRQ

In #1b, 2011 FRQ. This part of the question wants us to find an average value but we need to know which function. We are given the velocity function as well as the acceleration function and thus we need to be clear on which one. Thus the need to state average velocity is needed for us to complete the requirement for that part of the question.

Take care

Douglas A. Dosky
(c) 614-260-4699
(w) 614-883-2250
email: ddosky@worthington.k12.oh.us
Thomas Worthington High School
AP Calculus BC and AB Teacher
________________________________
From: Gina M Lammers [gina.lammers@elkriver.k12.mn.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:26 AM
To: AP Calculus
Subject: [ap-calculus] #1b 2011 FRQ

Can anyone explain to me why when they ask for the "average velocity" the process is to find the average value instead of just plain slope?
Thanks.

Gina Lammers
Rogers High School
Math Teacher
www.elkriver.k12.mn.us/webpages/glammers

====
Course related websites:

***This message and any response to it may constitute public record and thus may be publicly available to anyone who requests it.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, from Worthington Schools, Worthington, Ohio, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive information for the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety. Thank you.

====
Course related websites:
---
To unsubscribe click here: