Topic: Field Test Question
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 29, 2011 9:53 AM

Bruce Waldner

Re: Possible non-release of regents exams
att1.html (4.8 K)

This is a big problem. I know that it has been done for several years for the Math RCT and I have had questions over the years about one question whose answer was a fraction and always questioned whether or not the question required an answer in the fractional form of a rational number when I saw the decimal equivalent in a students' answer because the question could have just asked for the fractional equivalent of the decimal or a percent.
Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Grace Wilkie <gwilkie@highlands.com>
To: nyshsmath <nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2011 7:10 pm
Subject: Re: Possible non-release of regents exams

how does a teacher score a response without seeing the question ... there have been years of errors on the tests ... sometimes multiple answers have been accepted ... I do not understand any test being secured ... who does this help other than the state and the cost of this exam ... if your evaluation is based upon the student scores based upon these tests I would do everything in my power to have access to them ...

As always,
Grace Wilkie

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, <bettyjspace-1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tom,

In reply to your comment about the release of exams. You may recall that the recent January exam in physics was a "secure exam." Teachers were supposed to grade the papers using the answer key, without ever seeing the actual exams.

Betty