Topic: How show axes labels with AxesOrigin->{0,0,0} in 3D?
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 4:02 AM

Dr. Peter Klamser

Re: Is there ToNumber?

.... ToExpression["1 e^3"]

It looks for an string, that smells a little bit like a expression. I
think it is good idea to offer something, that can be interpreted as an
exponent.

Kind regards

Peter

Am 12.06.2011 11:07, schrieb ADL:
> On 11 Giu, 12:52, "Dr. Peter Klamser"<klam...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> ... ToExpression["1+1"]
>>
>> One Hint: If you know a function in Mathematica like "ToString", you
>> mentioned in your email, look in the help system in the section "see
>> also", there you find ToExpression["1+1"].
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 11.06.2011 09:59, schrieb Ted Sariyski:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> Is there a built-in function which returns the numeric value of a string
>>> (like ToString but inverse). Currently I use mine function toNumber:
>>> ch = StringToStream[timeStr];
>>> timeNum = Read[ch, Number];

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen